Parent Zone...       Useful Links
        Help with childcare costs:
Free Entitlement to Early Education

You can access the Early Education Entitlement if your child is aged 3 or 4 years old and they do not receive the entitlement anywhere else. If your child is eligible they can receive 15 hours of Government funded childcare per week for a maximum of 2 years.

Childcare Tax Credits

If you are single and working 16 hours or more per week or a couple both working 16 hours or more per week then you may be able to claim Childcare Tax Credits; you could get up to 70% of the childcare costs you’re claiming for, up to a maximum of £175 a week for 1 child and £300 a week for 2 or more children.

Childcare from you Employer

There are different types of childcare support your employer might provide that you don’t have to pay tax or national insurance contributions. These are: childcare vouchers, directly contracted childcare and workplace nurseries.

Childcare for Learners

If you’re aged 19 or over, on a further education course and facing financial hardship, you could get 'Discretionary Learner Support', if you are 16-19 years old you may be able to access the '16-19 Bursary Fund' or you may be entitled to the 'Access to Learning Fund', ask the student services department of your college or university if you qualify for any help towards your childcare costs.

Childcare when Returning to Work or Education

Your local Job Centre may help with your childcare costs if you are returning to work or education after a period of time on benefits, ask your local Job Centre advisor what childcare help is available to you to help you to return to work or education.

Parent information booklets for FREE childcare:

  Quality and regulation: